The Goodwood/ Springbank/ Daws Roads intersection upgrade is a key element of the Federal Government’s Urban Congestion Fund and the State Government’s Keeping Metro Traffic Moving Initiative.
As part of its planning and design, Intract Australia was engaged by DPTI to locate and depth major underground services around the intersection. Intract Australia developed a detailed methodology to ensure the work could be completed on time without major delays to traffic.
The scope of work encompassed the following:
- Interrogate the concept design model into service plans to confirm services for locating and depthing
- Liaise with Traffic Management Control and work closely with our Indigenous partner – RAW Traffic Management to develop comprehensive work zone traffic management plans for the busy intersection that hosts more than 60,000 vehicles per day
- Work closely with DPTI project team and service authorities to review and finalise locations of service depthing
- Use non-destructive excavation methods with our 10,000L Vac-truck to depth the services
- Remove and reinstate existing surface “like to like”
- Survey the area to pick up service depths/ locations and process them in 3D model for the road designer; and
- Handover to DPTI with a comprehensive service report.
With the detailed planning and the efficient schedule, the work was been completed on time – in 3 weeks, and traffic has been flowing smoothly through the intersection during the works.
As part of these works Intract Australia have engaged two new Apprentices in Civil Construction majoring in Location of services and Vac Truck Operations.