Intract Australia - Supply Nation Certified Business
Intract Indigenous Contractors is proud to be recognised as a Certified Supplier for Supply Nation, Australia’s first Indigenous supplier diversity council dedicated to growing the work opportunities available to Indigenous business across the country.
Supply Nation (formerly the Australian Indigenous Minority Supplier Council) was established in 2009 to encourage the growth of Indigenous businesses by advocating for strong Federal Government Indigenous business procurement policies and linking organisations with certified Indigenous suppliers.
As a majority Indigenous owned enterprise, we value the importance of diversity in the business sector and strive to build a unified, talented, and culturally-aware workforce that respects the First Peoples of this land and offers equal employment opportunities across all levels of our organisation.
Through Supply Nation, we are able to forge mutually beneficial relationships with organisations seeking to engage Indigenous contractors in the construction and building maintenance industries. These opportunities, and our commitment to providing stable, long-term employment for Indigenous Australians, allow us to contribute towards a sustainable, vibrant, and prosperous Indigenous business sector in Australia.
Eligibility for Supply Nation Certification
An Indigenous business that is majority-owned, controlled and managed by Aboriginal people or Torres Strait Islanders is eligible to become a Supply Nation Certified Supplier.
Businesses must meet rigorous certification criteria before Supply Nation will connect them to supply chains and there is a detailed auditing process in place for Certified Suppliers to ensure the continuing ownership of the business by verified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander owners.
To be eligible for Supply Nation certification, a business must be:
- At least 51% owned by Indigenous Australian(s).
- Led and/or managed by a Principal Executive Officer who is an Indigenous Australian.
- Controlled by an Indigenous Australian with whom rests the key business decisions regarding the company’s finances, operations, personnel and strategy.
- For profit – the company is not a registered charity and the company generates the majority of its revenue by providing goods or services.
- Trading as a business with a minimum annual revenue of $50,000.00 or a demonstrated recent history of trade (ideally, at least 6 months’ trade history).
- Located in Australia.
Above: As a supportive Supply Nation member, Intract were thrilled to be a part of their ‘Connect 2016’ roadshow held in Sydney.